Critical Data Privacy Issues: Best Practices for Navigating the Legal Landscape and Minimizing Risk
Sedgwick recently hosted an afternoon CLE seminar covering hot topics in data privacy law and practice. San Francisco partner Matthew Fischer and Chicago partner David Almeida, along with Winston Krone, managing director of Kivu Consulting, Inc., and Kerrigan Malek, underwriting consulting director of CNA, offered legal, technological and insurance perspectives on the following:
- Recent data security incidents and related costs, including litigation
- Existing privacy laws, proposed federal legislation and industry self-regulation
- FTC pronouncements on consumer privacy and recent enforcement actions
- Data breach protection and mitigation measures, including network security risk treatment methods
- Insuring network security & privacy exposures - markets, risks and policy considerations
For the Windows Media Player version, click here
and download by using a right-mouse click and selecting "Save As" or "Save Link As."
For the Apple Quicktime version, click here
Anticipated download time is between 4 - 10 minutes.
Sedgwick is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.
This seminar has been approved for one hour of "general" credit.
To obtain California CLE credit:
. Download the CLE Accreditation Form
. Watch the video in its entirety. During the video course you will see numeric CLE codes. Please enter the codes in the correct fields on the CLE Accreditation Form. If you do not include the correct codes, you will not be awarded CLE credit. 3.
Scan and email the completed CLE Accreditation Form to Rose Santillano at
. Once your participation is verified, Ms. Santillano will issue and send you a California CLE Certificate of Attendance.