How the Federal Healthcare Reform Law Will Affect Healthcare Premiums, Healthcare Benefits and Price Regulation
Sedgwick partner Hilary Rowen offered a webinar hosted by the Corporate Research Group for Healthcare consulting & publishing.
This webinar covered the following:
- The ban on pre-existing condition exclusions and the end of medical underwriting.
- Limitations on permissible rating factors and rate differentials.
- Minimum coverage requirements.
- Cross-subsidies among insurers in the non-governmental market.
- The medical loss ratios and retroactive premium refunds.
- Prospective regulation of “unreasonable” rate increases.
- The potential consequences of a successful constitutional challenge to the individual coverage mandate.