"Subpoenas, Authorizations and Other Disclosure Issues" at the Lorman's Education Services' Program Medical Recods Law
Jack McGuire (NJ) presented on August 11, 2011 at the Lorman's Education Services' program Medical Recods Law.
Mr. McGuire's presentation entitled, "Subpoenas, Authorizations and Other Disclosure Issues", covered the following:
- What Is the Difference Between a Subpoena and an Authorization?
- What Are the Physician's Obligations Upon Receipt?
- What Are Possible Pitfalls of Production of Medical Records?
- Does a Physician Need to Consult With an Attorney/The Patient Prior to Production of the Records?
- Who Pays the Physician's Costs for Compilation and Production of Medical Records?
- Who Owns the Medical Records?
- Patient's Rights to Amend the Medical Records
- What Should the Physician Do If He Receives a Subpoena for His Deposition?